Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

For the latest information and guidance related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit our resource page.
Skip to content

Undocumented Students

Financial Aid for Undocumented Students/DREAMers

If you are an undocumented student...welcome to our community and technical colleges! Under Washington state's REAL Hope Act (SB 6523), you can apply for the state's financial aid program, called the Washington College Grant (formerly the State Need Grant). 


To qualify, you must meet the Washington College Grant's income-eligibility requirements and satisfy the following residency requirements by the time you begin college:

  1. Graduated from a Washington high school or obtained the equivalent of a diploma (for example, the GED®). Your full senior year must have been spent at a Washington high school.
  2. Lived in Washington for three calendar years (36 months) before, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.
  3. Signed and submitted a HB 1079 affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply. The affidavit is included as part of the financial aid application.

Students granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) must also meet all the eligibility requirements listed above.

How to Apply

Undocumented students fill out the WASFA rather than the FAFSA. (WASFA stands for "Washington Application for State Financial Aid.") Your college financial aid office can help guide you through the process.


Page Manager:
Last Modified: 1/2/20 5:05 PM

starburst graphic